VOOM Open-Heart Medical Missions to the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital are made possible through the generous support of our contributors. Since our first mission trip in 2013, VOOM Foundation has coordinated a total of 12 medical missions and assisted in six others, executing a total of 169 open-heart procedures. This total of cases in the past three years exceeds the total number of cases performed in the previous 26 years of existence prior to closure of the program in 2003. It is the goal of VOOM Foundation to perform up to 100 cases a year, if adequate funding and support are available.
VOOM Foundation, our patients, their families and the people of Nigeria sincerely thank you for your generosity.
Our successes would not be possible without the support and generosity of the many small and large donations of resources – money, equipment, and human capital. A partial list of our growing supporters and donors include:
- Abbott Labs
- Arco Coffee
- Cardio Solutions, Ireland
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit – Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
- Cryplife, Inc.
- Edward Life Science
- Essentia Health
- International Children Heart Foundation
- Monograms & More
- On-x Life Technologies, Inc.
- Project Cure, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Quest Medical
- Rotary Club of Duluth Harbortown Minnesota USA, Inc.
- Shaaban & Shekib Foundation for Children
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Sorin Group
- St. Mary’s Foundation, Grand Junction, Colorado
- St. Mary’s hospital and Regional Medical center, Grand Junction, Colorado
- The Thoracic Surgery Foundation
- Valley Labs
- Verathon, Inc.
- Vestagen Protective Technologies, Inc
- ZOLL Medical Corporation
And countless numbers of private donors.
- Pediatric/Adult Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Pediatric/Adult Cardiologists
- Cardiac/ICU Nurses
- Respiratory Therapist
- Biomedical Engineer
- Oral Maxiofacial Surgeons
- Surgical Instruments
- Chemistry/hematology lab equipment
- Mechanical heart valves
- Mechanical ventilators
- Anesthesia machines
- Surgical Supplies such as surgical gloves & hospital gowns
- Hospital Beds
- Hospital Linens
- CT Scanner
- MRI Scanner
- Echo Cardiography Scanner
- X-Ray Machines
- C-Arm Fluoruscopy Unit
- Nephrology – Dialysis Support
- Opthomology – Cataract Surgery
- Oral Surgery (OMFS) – Maxiofacial Reconstruction
- Otorhinolaryngology/ENT – Head & Neck Surgery
If you would like to donate any of the much needed medical supplies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
130 Superior Street Suite 926
Duluth, MN 55802
All donations are tax-deductible