HOW YOU CAN HELP
VOOM Foundation is headed back to Nigeria on May 10th for our 20th medical mission. VOOM Foundation is proud to be the leading open-heart procedure provider in all of Nigeria, a country of 188 million, completing a totally of 164 open heart procedures since we re-started the program in 2013.
We are excited to announce that we will be working with new partners Lagos State University Teaching Hospital in Africa’s largest city, Lagos.
The number of cases we perform is dictated by the funds we raise. Here is a list of our needs and how you can help:
- SAVE a LIFE!- $5,000 grants ONE patient surgery
- Support a nurse mission costs – $2,500 pays for a nurses hotel, $1,500 pays for her flight
- Health Fair in the Village – $1,500 pays for medicine we give to patients
- $500 pays for one day of fuel and enough power to keep our ventilators running and the cardiac unit cool
- $200 pays for a box of supplies to be shipped
- Any sized donation is welcomed and appreciated
- Or if you are unable to give a gift at this time perhaps you can just share this link
In 2013, VOOM Foundation through a partnership with the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, restarted the once abandoned open-heart program in Nigeria. Nigerian’s suffering from heart disease either traveled out of the country for surgery or died. In Nigeria, with the population of 173M at the time, it was the only opportunity for Nigerians suffering from heart disease to get surgery. VOOM travels several times a year to Nigeria to perform life-saving surgery to those in need. To date, VOOM Foundation has performed a total of 164 open-heart cases and leads all other health organizations in the entire country. The long-term goal of VOOM Foundation is to create a sustaining healthcare program that provides impartial healthcare to everyone despite their ability to pay.